thewayne: (Default)
[personal profile] thewayne
Monday I called our preferred plumber, and was told that they had a guy on the mountain that day and he'd get ahold of me. Russet has a crew in from NASA Goddard this week, so she's been working days, and I had an appointment down the mountain that I had to leave for at 1:45. The guy never got ahold of me before I had to leave.

Tuesday I called two backup plumbers. Neither had any immediate availabilities. One had two recommendations for others. I recognized one and called them: they could have a guy out Wednesday afternoon - I took it! I would have taken the morning but had a rescheduled hearing aid appointment that I'd been waiting over a month for.

Came back from my appointment, was literally sitting in my car after parking and received the call from the plumber, he was on his way up the mountain! He arrived and replaced two feet of pipe and completed everything in half an hour!

Total out of pocket, excluding the higher water bill we'll have next month, just under $160. Very comparable, possibly less expensive, than what our normal plumber would charge. Definitely satisfied.

Date: 2026-09-24 07:57 am (UTC)
ionelv: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ionelv
If my plumbing job requires copper repair, I cut pipes and replace connections with push-fit connectors. If I need drain pipe repair, I know how to use ABS cement. None of this requires a qualified plumber BTW, and most places in US or Canada allow owners to do their own plumbing repairs. Just saying.
Edited (Clarity for type of plumbing work) Date: 2026-09-24 08:02 am (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-25 02:21 pm (UTC)
ionelv: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ionelv
Luckily for me, the most tight spaces I ever had to work in was under the sink. My back and knees would not like crawl spaces either.

Date: 2026-09-24 01:46 pm (UTC)
kaishin108: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kaishin108
I'm so relieved for you both that the plumber made it over and its fixed. Pretty good price too, yes! :)
Edited (typos) Date: 2026-09-24 01:46 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-24 03:09 pm (UTC)
disneydream06: (Disney Happy)
From: [personal profile] disneydream06
Minus the hassle of calling around... SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Jon

Date: 2026-09-24 05:45 pm (UTC)
motodraconis: (Default)
From: [personal profile] motodraconis
A good plumber is worth their weight in gold!

Date: 2026-09-24 09:08 pm (UTC)
silveradept: A kodama with a trombone. The trombone is playing music, even though it is held in a rest position (Default)
From: [personal profile] silveradept
Very good plumber, quick, and efficient. And hopefully it all holds properly and for a long time.

Date: 2026-09-29 07:09 pm (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
It sounds as if your substitute plumber was a very lucky find!

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4 56 789 10
11 1213 14151617
1819 20 21 222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 26th, 2026 01:06 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios